According to the draft calendar published by the rapporteur of the European Parliament (EP) for the new data protection regulation, the legislative proposal will be voted in the plenary of the EP in 2014.
MEP Jan Philipp Albrecht wrote that the final schedule will be agreed with the other committees involved and will be adapted as the legislation proceeds.
Indicative calendar of public events or action points
- 29 May 2012, 15:00-18:30: LIBE Committee Workshop (industry, civil society and academia).
The workshop is open to all interested stakeholders. Logistics such as registration are handled by the LIBE secretariat. More information is available at the committee website. Please do not contact Jan Philipp Albrecht’s office on this.
- 31 May 2012, 11:00-12:00: LIBE Exchange of views (Regulation and Directive)
- 19/20 June 2012: Presentation of general Working Document (Regulation and Directive)
- 9/10 July 2012 : Presentation of specific working document on the Regulation (WD 1)
- September 2012: LIBE Exchange of views (Regulation)
- October 2012: Presentation of specific working document on the Regulation (WD 2)
- October/November 2012: LIBE Committee Hearing
- November 2012: Presentation of the draft report
- December 2012: Deadline for tabling amendments
- End January/February 2013: Discussion of Amendments in LIBE Committee
- February 2013: Discussion with Opinion Committees
- March/April 2013: Orientation Vote LIBE committee
- Summer 2013 (?) Trilogue with Council and Commission
- Early 2014 (?): Vote in plenary
You can find the details on Albrecht’s website, with a click HERE.